Egged on

July 5, 2018

Somehow, last night, I forgot the cardinal rule of eggs and microwaves. Given that I exploded one in the shared kitchen back at King College and then repented at leisure while I cleaned the space and the microwave for hours…you’d think I’d know better. It’s done in tabata style – 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off. Everyone knows that. It’s fairly easy and I haven’t forgotten it in years.
But last night, I was re-heating a previously boiled egg. I stuck it in the microwave for one minute.
And then, I took it out and placed it on one of these suckers to slice:

Yeah, bad mistake. As the slicing wires came down taut over the curve of the soft egg and made the first incision, the whole thing popped. Loudly. It really exploded! Talk about egg on my face … it was in my eyes, in my hair, down my dress. Flecky nubs were on the counter, on the floor, on the ceiling. My cats ran away.The stuff in the first photo, that’s all that was left.

And even zizi cat, who eats everything, turned up her little pink nose at the rubbery slices of egg I put in her plate.


Leave a Reply

WordPress Design & Development by Ekta Paneri-Gupta